Friday, December 1, 2006

A Few of My Favorite Things





Here are a few of my favorite things. I wanted to share them. I know I keep sending pics of the sky, but what pollution and God can make is a wonder. While my dog is sleeping in his bed because it is a drizzly morning, I thought I would post a blog. The week has been a difficult one, but nothing that can't be handled. I hope to sign on a few more people to our staff next week, but we shall see. We saw our friends Jim and Sandy last night and went to eat Indian food in Adams Morgan. I am remiss because I did not take a pic of them, but they will be here again. It is weird being the only one sitting at the table not drinking. Being an Alcoholic, one might notice how tall the Taj Mahal beer bottle is, or how soft and succulent the glass of White Zin looks. Especially, after sending away the second glass that came with the carafe, and not getting the Cardamon Tea that one ordered. Jim and Sandy if you get to this please don't feel bad. ( I just went for an hour walking the dog. Did you miss me?) Back to business. It is funny that I see it as this, and they (meaning most other people) don't. But how could they? I mention this to be informative to someone who might tap into this, and be able to learn from it. Not as a bitch session. Anyway, it is life in the way we live it. It was a very nice visit, otherwise. I hope to be able to go out there (Iowa) to visit them soon. Sounds sick, but I would love to spend a few severally cold snowy days out in the Mid West.
I also, wanted to show Carin's pic on the blog site. She is a special young lady dealing with life in a good way. She ends up in the store for a while, so she gets to decorate a manikin every now and then. But people want to over rule this decision because they are seeing it as maybe not having enough control of their situation. But I view it as a growth for everyone. Patience for some, admiration for others, and definitely an artistic and culturing event for Carin. God bless the young, they have so much to learn about handling life as adults and with adults.
The final pic is of my Christmas stocking and the Abominable Snowman. (Thank you Janis for the help in the spelling) The statue is one our favorite Christmas trinkets. The stocking I got from Dan. A previous partner. Lost him, kept the stocking. The statue we got from Tommy, Sandy, and Thomas the 4th. Thanks guys. Hope to get a picture of the 3 of them at Christmas. Enjoy the pics.

No comments: