Wednesday, November 15, 2006


Ever since William and I have been together, we have had this Christmas cactus. It is something I enjoy. He actually had it already when I met him. I view it as an early Christmas present. As William can tell you, I hate waiting to give or get presents. It normally blooms around Thanksgiving, letting me know that Christmas is on its way. Although, the Catholic Church has toally lost me; my love for God still thrives. Especially at this Capitalistic Holiday. Last year, someone did an interview with me on camera. He was standing outside the store I work in, and he was wearing a Santa Hat. Which in its self is kind of funny, because of the way Capitalism has carried Saint Nick into this buying/giving guy. Anyway, he wanted to know if I said, "Merry Christmas," or "Happy Holidays." I said that I say both. And when he asked why, I explained that I do not want to push my personal beliefs on someone else, but I definitely want to share the love we have. So, if I do not know that they celebrate a Christian Holiday, I celebrate the season with them. If I know they are a Christian, Jewish, or other, I wish them the best for their personal holiday. I try not to judge them by their God, but by their character. I believe our God is the same God, but we just view him/her differently in our best perspective. He asked me if I believed that they would be damned for their other belief. I then said that I seem to remember that the Bible told us not to judge others by casting stones. Then I told him I had to go, and wished him, "Merry Christmas." It was a soul clarifying moment. That I need to keep reminding myself when I hear about issues in the world, or in my own nation. As in the Bishops statement, or edict, that they released today. Don't they even think there is a higher thought going on than those simple undignified declarations meant to appease the masses? There I go... Ahh well, back to the cactus flower. It is a nice slice of life in my part of the world. Funny how things become a symbol that you grow to count on, and even lean onto. Remind me some day to tell you of the Meridian Hill jogger. May you find peace for tonight, and as forever.

No comments: