Thursday, November 16, 2006

The beauty that is to know.


This is a simple flower that blooms at night. A moon flower, I believe it is called. I took the picture in the neighbors yard. This plant has been there for several years, and several neighbors. I appreciate them letting it stay in the yard, since it tends to take it over by the end of summer. But my point is, that it gets to be most of their yard, and I wanted to see the simple beauty that comes from just part of it. Like when you have a friend that you really like, and every now and then you see that one particular part that makes him or her special. There might be 5 or 6 things, but every now and then one is shown to you in an action that they do. And sometmes it can even be you seeing it in yourself. Like today. I helped this lady find her cell phone by calling her phone with mine. We went to the part of our store she had been in. No luck. So then we out to her car. It was raining. (not much, actually) But she scoured her car, because she could hear it barely ringing, and I kept calling. I made her finally open the passenger door, and there it was under the passenger side of the front seat. She didn't have to go to the three other stores, and doctors offices she had been to. She looked at me and said, "I hope something really nice happens for you today." Little did she realize, it just had. Look for the nice things you do for people, and it doesn't have to be extravagant, but they will say that is why I really like him/her. And they may or may not be able to return the favor. I guess I should go now. My dog, Edvard, is stretched out on the love seat next to me, and chasing something in his sleep. His little feet are just a quivering. I hope he catches it. Maybe I will fly tonght in my dreams. That's always nice for me. Do you fly in your dreams?

2 comments:

lmm said...

I have dreamt that I was flying before but mostly I dream about doing 20 foot leaps in dance class.

lynda said...

years ago i dreamt i was flying hanging onto the back of john travolta way up in a movie recording studio.