Monday, April 30, 2007

Buddha watches over us






We have added Buddha. He is one of the finishing touches to the garden. He has been in our kitchen for three years now, so he was relieved to be back to nature. We got him from a shop on Connecticut Ave. about 4 years ago. Actually, Ralph and William obtained him. Ralph is a ball buster when it comes to getting the price down. I love the peacefulness he brings, I am speaking of the Buddha statue now, along side the tree. William worked today at oiling the teak chairs we got also several years ago. They will be great with the picnic table, which has also been in our kitchen. Life comes along for those who are patient. Actually, it probably comes along for those who aren't patient, as well. Just not as Buddhisticly.
Now, Edvard here is lounging in the kitchen sleeping on his kitchen chair, as well as the smaller seat next to it. Bless his heart.
Oh, and speaking of heart. I went for my cardio-with injection-treadmill-stress test. Whoo, ain't that a fun thing to do, but it all came out well. The doc says things are good. He had pictures to back up his diagnosis.
Which brings me to another poem. Not a long one, but one that I feel to share today. Actually the one I want to share, I just don't feel like typing the whole thing. This one is something I have felt in the past on many different levels of my life. In many ways it is like he said in "The Holy Grail," "Well, I got better." So, it is less of a overbearing feeling, and sometimes an irky feeling that I think of:

I wish I was like everyone else,
For it all seems so natural to them.
They go and go, with out a glitch,
I can't seem to get started.

I do not blame those above or below
Though I do throw questions to the air.
If I were the same, would I be the same?
If they were me, would they be like me?

I think not.
Only I can be me, and so I shall.
Damn those insecurities that life plays us, and move on.
I may not be who I want, but I am getting as close as I can.



The old last lines don't play out as well now as they didn't then. But they were still defiant:

Only I can be me, and so I shall,
Damn the insecurities, and full throttle forward,
I may not win, but I will be a hell-of-a-close second.


Enjoy the pics

1 comment:

lmm said...

OMG! long drought, then MONSOON.
Glad you're back. I especially love the teeth cleaning pic.