Sunday, May 6, 2007

A near perfect Spring day.




It was beautiful this morning on our morning trek through the neighborhood. I told some ladies yesterday that Edvard normally has me walking on the weekends early, and, "Sure enuf 'E and William, teamed up aghin' me," and we were out the door by 6:15 walking through the hood. It was a beautiful cool morning though, so it wasn't so bad. We are going out to VA today to get the grill, and get rid of some of the back porch clutter. I have a picture of the backyard to show the progress. And the other tree, is one that is in the dog park that we made it to this morning.
I have come back home, and I am drinking a Diet Rockstar. It is a energy drink that I tried a couple of weeks ago, and really seem to like it more than any of the others. It is in a tall boy. It tastes better, to me anyway, than the Red Bull or Tab energy drinks. It also gives me a smooth pick-me-up rather than a rough, "Hey, let me slap you awake!" kind of feel. Now, it is also a two-serving can rather than a single. But I like what I like and that is the way it is. Amen.

The poem for the day is a short one that I wrote coming home from college years ago on the bus. It was night time and the sky was clear. I could see the dirty landscape and the trash along the highway, and the town we were traveling through was poor, or so it seemed. I was thinking how I would not like to live there. It was then that I looked down next to the bus while were waiting for the light to change, and I saw this huge puddle with the reflection of a pine tree and the moon behind it. It was beautiful, so:

Passing through these puddle towns,
Small town living, small town people,
Small town trash, and small town puddles.
If one looks into that simplicity,
Into that simple puddle,
One can find that reflection,
Of that beautiful sky, that beautiful tree,
Those beautiful thoughts.
Simplicity


Enjoy the pics.

No comments: