Friday, April 27, 2007

flowers and insight




A little scruffy looking as far as the flowers go, but we wanted to get the garden going this year. It was destroyed when we hired "wall guy" 3 years ago to rebuild our backyard wall. He, we later found out, had been taking pain killers for the past two years previous to us hiring him. It turned out that he couldn't finish the job as was agreed upon a first, second, or third time. So, we had to hire someone else who also, as it turned out, couldn't quite finish the job. But with determination from William, and help from Matthew and Shelley, last year we were able to get the wall pretty well complete. Just the top framing along the lattice walling, and we will be hopefully done with it. William did a great job on it. Everything, but the tree was destroyed. We had made it quite clear that the tree was not to be harmed in any way, or else. He did at least get that part right. So we planted the bulbs last year, and just got the rest planted in this year. You will see more of the tree later. In the back of the garden is the lilac bush we got from Zita. The first one that took us three tries was also destroyed by wall guy. We will also get Mr Budha out on the plate in front of the tree.

Okay, here is another real oldie from my past. This one is when I was realizing my sexuality. I was back home from a date with a nice young lady. I had gone into a bathroom that was empty, and one of the stall doors was half way open. But the light above it was out, so it gave it this weird haunting look. When I was home and thinking about the stall I wrote this.

What are you looking at?
I don't know.
What do you expect to see?
Someone.
It's dark.
You're in the dark, not me.
Really?
Come out a little.
Why don't you come in?
I told you, it's dark.
Too dark?
Sorta, yeah.
Whad'da expect?
More!
More than what you see?
Yeah, and that ain't much.
Cut on me?
No! You, what I can see, look fine.
What can you see?
What I would like to have!
Have?
Ok, what I would like to have respond to me.
Come, again?
You're what I would like to believe,
would make me happy.
You see all that in this dark stall of a shadow?
My half-bear form.
Don't you wish I could come in?
No!
What?
I wish you could put light on me,
and light the shadows. What is dark?


I hope you find something in it for yourself. Enjoy the pics, as well.

No comments: