Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Poems and pictures





When I came back from the trip little did I know that spring was still so far away. Though I did manage to get some floral shots. The trees are so clean. I love the little pink bud still rolled up with all the others wide open around them. I hope there are some warm days left out there. Not hot, but warm. I have another poem to deliver on the web. This one is much older than the one I wrote for the competition. Both are very profound in the fact that they are about women that have been in a man's life. This one I wrote 18 years ago while I was in college to finish up my B.F.A. I was sitting in Music appreciation early Monday morning, and the teacher was playing Debussy's "Afternoon of the Faun." It was absolutely beautiful. It is still one of my favorites to this day, or night as it is right now. Anyway, I hope you like it. I still like revisiting it every now and then.

We laid upon the southern terms of time,
The colors were a blending of envy and fire,
And some might have been so inclined,
if knowing of our pleasures.
The green still predominantly hanging on,
Never totally losing dominance against the changes,
For the Southern Term lives on.

We felt the natural breath blowing against our skin,
The soft kisses caressing our curves of freedom.
The sun crept through the leaves still hanging,
clinging, or bound to remain in the trees.
It's warmth more seen on our skin than felt,
The direct rays not so attributed for the comfort,
as much as the general glow that surrounds us.

Like Fauns of ancient Greece we lay,
No hurry, no recognition of time, no somberness of responsibility,
A quick cool breeze, a switch of previous exhales from nature,
titillating the want of moving closer,
Then a following stroke proves warm again,
but we do not release the embrace.

Enjoy the pics.

No comments: