Sunday, April 29, 2007

cleaning, rabbit, and poem




I wanted to show these photos in a non collective group. The one of me getting my teeth cleaned is one I feel kind of hesitant about because it cost more than I was first quoted and then I couldn't drink coffee or tea for 3 days. Ohh Myyy Gawd, Mary, that was the hardest part. On the cruise we the went on, the teeth cleaning was over half the price. It also didn't quite work on all the teeth. As is said to happen, but it just so happens that the one tooth it most didn't work on is the one next to the crown she put in at a lighter color in preparation of me getting my teeth cleaned. Ah well, life is humorous. As far as Mr Rabbit goes he was just a chillin' at the airport while we waited for the plane. The hat is from the show "Spring Awakening" that we saw in NYC.
It was funny because we were waiting in the airport and I heard a phone ringing in a song of Brooks and Dunne's "Believe". The guy was a big burly dude, a good ole boy. It was just a telling moment. I am not sure why, but many time those moments are full of un-described insight that we just let go. Anyway, the third picture is one I took last night on the way to dinner with our friends Matthew and Anthony. We had a nice time until the conversation became saturated in debate with the repetitive drone about the war. Matthew and William are both debaters (Anthony was in the zone as well) and get into a cycle of point counter point, which is good and healthy for them, but I normally have Shelley there for protection. I was kind of an ass, in the fact that, as I was excusing myself from the table I made the statement that I didn't want them to be debating the the war when I returned. They were kind enough, not to be talking of it when I returned. We then went and had ice cream. I was missing Shelley, though. We will see them tonight to do the placement of Mr Buddha in the garden.
Well, here is another poem that I had wrote a while ago. It was a poem I wrote while we were traveling through England's country side. It was absolutely beautiful, and I was yet young and hopeful. It paints a youths want of the love of beauty and dreams

Come walk with me through the valley green,
Let us taste the weather on our tongues,
As the dampness slowly dissipates with the
rebirth of the sun.
Oh walk with me through the valley green,
Let us jump the fences raised for personal protection,
And roam the the fields and hills man has
helped nature grow.
Come walk with me through the valley green,
And I shall tell you of my dreams,
And shall we walk through yours as well?
For our dreams are like the valley green,
In our dreams, sometimes, we like to walk alone,
But lest we also have each other with whom we can walk
through the valley green,
We can find only limited fare,
So, walk with me, walk with me, and let
us find our valley green.


Enjoy the pics.

No comments: