Sunday, May 27, 2007

THE NEWS AND THE DAMAGE






I thought it so funny at first when the politician Jim Graham was sending out emails that he would have other people on the case for us in the block re-doing of the road and sidewalk. But it has become pathetic in the "bullcrap" they gave us in response to our concerns. No one dealt with us directly. It was a chain of emails that meant nothing was getting done for us, but they will put forth the emails saying it is getting done. The last one I got, assuring me most positively the person would see to it that it was looked at, sounded like a hand-off taken with that "The Sting" smile that Robert Redford could do so well. I am just glad that I shouldn't have to deal with their brush-off emails anymore. Our stairs are not as bad as Nate's shown here, but I am sure that the city would just blow us off as they have in the last couple of weeks about the "minor" damage done to our properties, and problems with the back hoe they used. I certainly haven't heard a volunteering of anyone to come look at what the damage. There I got that mostly off my chest, I won't have to worry anymore about it till next election day. The other picture are of "Bright and Spiney"(the plants, not Matthew and Shelley) as I have decided to call them, and then of course Matthew and Shelley at a celebratory dinner for his defending his thesis, I think.

No comments: