Sunday, January 18, 2009

Welcome viewers to Lynda's Family








Welcome back viewers. And to those who might be here because of the Charleston Rag, "Sveiks!" as we say in Latvian. It is the Patriotic way to greet other Latvians, or "Letts" as we are referred to in the American Classic by Cole Porter, "Let's Fall in Love." I wanted to add some pictures showing the family we have. As well as highlight some of the Famous Lynda Dragon Lady, or Dragon boat lady, McDonald-Rock. Our family is a special group of people that have grown to know and accept who each other are in life. There are definite differences and definite similarity's. My parents had 6 kids to raise and "enjoy." God Bless them. We gave them a run for their money for sure. You see a photo at the very top a picture of us in the late 70's. That is me with the goofy hat, hair, and glass of Tab. Being Diabetic that was my soda of choice. My Mom's parents are in there with us as well as my mom's sister Zita sitting next to her. I am guessing my sister Laura taking the photo since she is not in the photo. Next there is Lynda with Lyla(left), Zita(right) and my grandparents. The wall hanging behind them is something my grandmother made that is of a Latvian design.
Graeme and his mom Lynda look very similar in the next two photos although someone had the decency to get dressed before stepping out of the house. My parents celebrating turning 80 and 75 with a party themed after the "Roaring 20's", and there you have my dad and Lynda greeting the guest out front as they came to the house. It was a fun time. Lyla was blessed in finding a like soul for herself, and Tracy proposed on Lyla's 50Th Birthday. He then called my Dad to ask for her hand in Marriage. Chivalry certainly is not dead. We welcomed him into our family with open arms. This photo is one at the reception after the wedding that has all our immediate family and significant others or spouses, and the children. The two missing are Lenore's significant other Paula, and Laura's Joe. The last photo is the sunset off the back deck. I know our higher power has blessed us all with many things in our lives, but when I look up at the sky and i am able to see a sunset, sunrise, cloud shift, rainbow, I know that there are things bigger, and greater, than any of the issues, choices, and problems that we face.


The clouds move free from form
Feeling the wind move it's outer region.
I sit and wonder if my form is much the same.
There is the basic mass of materials.
Metaphysical to cause this molecular being-
And then that which surrounds me causes, or
influences, me to bend this way and flow that.

Looked at by myself I might not be that unusual
Or unique, but add in the clouds next to me
The supporting sky behind me, and
The passing sun, and
The whole view is astronomical

Enjoy the pics

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the nostalgia and the poem! We are very lucky, fun family. Nothing keeps us from laughter.

lynda said...

enjoyed reading the blog as i sipped my latest green tea and fruit combo.
just when i've figured you've used up all the bad photos of me from your arsenal, you spring yet some more on us!
i was scared you were going to re-upload others - thanks for sparing me that embarrassment. :-)